Inkjet has the power to transform the corrugated printing industry, with faster turnarounds, reduced waste and more profitable short runs
Profit from inkjet
In today’s fiercely competitive retail environment, brands and retailers are creating new ways to differentiate themselves in-store. There is now demand for more frequent campaigns, customisation and versioning. For corrugated printers this means shorter runs and faster job turnarounds which are uneconomical with traditional processes like flexo and offset.
Meet (and drive) demand with digital technology
Rapid advances in inkjet technology continue to change the way print is produced and it is now a viable alternative to traditional processes in many wideformat, packaging and industrial applications. A key factor in the growth of inkjet in these markets has been the ability to print with UV-curing inks, delivering incredible productivity, quality, application range and versatility.
By adopting Fujifilm inkjet technologies, you can meet changing demands from your customers and work with them to create new ways to differentiate themselves by offering a new way to print.
UV inkjet: Faster, higher quality, more cost effective
UV inkjet is a technology that was pioneered by Fujifilm and Inca Digital, with the launch of the first dedicated flatbed system in 2001. Today Fujifilm’s wide format printing portfolio includes the most powerful inkjet printers in the industry, and it has combined this technology with its experience of supplying screen consumables to the corrugated market to create an inkjet solution for corrugated display and package printing.
Fujifilm’s inkjet technology for corrugated display and package production offers many benefits to a print business:
- The most cost-effective way to print one-off or hundreds of pieces
- Provides the fastest possible job turnaround and ability to print just in time
- Enables the production of on-demand short run and bespoke work
- Enables endless customisation of print campaigns
- Eliminates pre-press costs, as no plates or pre-coating processes are required
- Reduces waste in the supply chain
The efficient way to produce short runs
Inkjet technology is ideal to complement flexo or offset processes in that it allows converters and packaging manufacturers to widen their business opportunities and profit from short run jobs and bespoke applications.
The most efficient way to produce short run print is to send a PDF to the press and print. This is how Fujifilm’s inkjet system operates, eliminating all the timely and costly preparation and set up parameters of an offset, screen or flexo press. There are no plates to produce, no platesetters or processors to maintain, no make readies, no run up to colour, no waste sheets, and virtually no pressroom consumables.
Printed sheets can be handled immediately and print quality and consistency is guaranteed, with no on-press adjustments necessary.
Instant curing UV
UV inkjet printing uses UV light to instantly cure the ink by polymerisation after it has been jetted onto the material. With Fujifilm’s specially designed UV inks for corrugated printing, this offers the following benefits:
- The print is instantly dry and can be stacked or finished straight away
- Prints can be cut, creased and folded without cracking
- UV inkjet is a non-contact printing process, so it doesn’t damage the corrugated flutes
- The finish is fully adjustable from satin to high gloss
- Standard stock materials can be used – there’s no need for expensive digital substrates, and they don’t have to be pre-coated
- Excellent colour coverage over a wide range of materials
- Excellent colour reproduction, with print-to-print consistency
- No need for post-print over-varnishing or lamination. The cured UV ink film is a tough, durable polymer film which actually provides a protective layer for the board.
Ready to transform your business
Fujifilm’s system for corrugated printing enables you to produce the same broad range of work you might be doing today, but with much faster turnarounds and is a profitable solution for short runs. Even one-off proofs can be made on the same press.
Fujifilm’s UV inkjet printing process produces near-offset print quality, but with stronger, more vibrant colours, producing prints with high visual impact.
Challenge your clients to think differently
With the ability to print on demand, design changes can be made as often as you like without having to factor in overprints, stocks, setup costs or wasted sheets. So you can offer your clients new ways to take their products to market.
The modular system solution
Not every corrugated print business is the same, so Fujifilm has designed a modular system for corrugated print production, consisting of three parts: printer, ink and media handling. Within each part there are multiple options, so the system can be tailored to meet your specific business needs.
Powerful inkjet print production
Fujifilm’s modular system solution is a simple way to integrate inkjet print production into your business.
- Compact footprint and easy access to printer
- Fits into your existing corrugated production workflow
- Only one operator is required
- System is factory pre-built, so installation time is minimal
- Fast and professional installation and training